[V4WS] UPDATE...WHERE problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 11 17:04:19 CDT 2004

On 6/11/04 4:52 PM, "Richard Altenburg" <valentina at brainchild.nl> wrote:

> On 11-06-2004 15:09, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
>
>> Again, I need project in sources to read what you are doing and how.
>> Most probably I will need redo it in Director to debug on windows.
>>
>> So please please please: as simple as possible,
>>    in ideal: open db, do one command, -> problem.
>
> Yeah, that would be ideal, but impossible.
>
> I already had something simple, but way too much still, so tomorrow I will
> try to find time to create a simple version that does not communicatie with
> the Usenet (the real one does this all the time, you know).

Of course no need for usenet!

As I see it, you can in simply project just use some garbage values
Like I do in Example1.

> So instead of receiving data from Usenet and putting it in the database, I
> will create a file on disk a button on-screen to start the import and show
> the bug.

Ok.

Although this still will include YOUR PARSING of that file.
How many records must be added before problem come?

May be you can use simply loop

    for
        strvalue = "some string" + str(i)

To generate garbage values.

Look, USENET -- is not important for me
Your parsing is not important for me.

I need simple ->
    db, cursor, how you do insert, your table structure.
    your flags, your field types....

Your simple example should have just one table.
And as few fields as possible, in ideal just one field.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com