V4RB 1.1 RB 5.5 Some questions about language

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 11 10:12:53 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan and list,

Some questions about language

1-the property " language " serves only for sortings?

2 - my software has to work on Mac and PC, in divers western languages.
EACH customer uses the software on a SINGLE platform (mac or pc) and in
a SINGLE language. The software does not need to be multilingual, he
can be sold every time for a precise platform and in a precise
language.

What is the best way of proceeding? In terms of speed and security ?

Realbasic working now there unicode UTF8, it is necessary to verify and
to change the coding (e.g. UTF8-> MacRoman or UTF8-> WindowsLatin1...)
before any writing/updating in the valentina database ?
Is it necessary for every reading of a data in Valentina, to re-change
the coding of the string (e.g. macRoman - > UTF8) so that realbasic
exploit it correctly?

If, one day, I wish that my software works with oriental languages, I
have to take precautions from now on?

thank you

olivier