Multi-user systems and Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 3 08:30:42 CDT 2004

On 6/3/04 4:31 AM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

Hi Trevor,

> I have a question about the best way to deal with a Revolution
> application, Valentina and a user without admin privileges on Windows
> XP.
>
> I've run some tests and it seems if my application is installed in the
> C:\Program Files\MyApp folder and a user without admin privileges tries
> to launch it then an Error 5 (access denied) is returned after calling
> "Database_Open".  The database is encrypted and I get a valid reference
> when calling "Database_New".  Is there a way to get around this or
> would the database need to be in a directory that the user has write
> access to in order to open the Valentina database?
>
> I'm using the latest version of the Valentina XCMD.

Strange.

Db files can be on CD, and we still can open them,
So even if you have now them in read-only area then it still must be able
open db in read-only mode.

Does it works fine if db files in read-write area?

I think if you gog to write into db, then in any case you should move files
to read-write are for that user.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com