Multi-user systems and Valentina

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jun 2 19:31:14 CDT 2004

I have a question about the best way to deal with a Revolution
application, Valentina and a user without admin privileges on Windows
XP.

I've run some tests and it seems if my application is installed in the
C:\Program Files\MyApp folder and a user without admin privileges tries
to launch it then an Error 5 (access denied) is returned after calling
"Database_Open".  The database is encrypted and I get a valid reference
when calling "Database_New".  Is there a way to get around this or
would the database need to be in a directory that the user has write
access to in order to open the Valentina database?

I'm using the latest version of the Valentina XCMD.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com