[V4RB] Frustration

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 23 01:24:19 CDT 2004

On 7/23/04 12:10 AM, "keatk at comcast.net" <keatk at comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Karen,

> I have literally spent days trying to figure out why some code was
> misbehaving... and it has put mehind on a significant deadline.
>
> Well it turns out that deletes were not geting casacaded through VObjectPtr's
> even though the kV_Casacade flag was set
>
> It was because I set the flag parameter to kV_Cascade + kV_Indexed in the
> constructor...
>
> Once I gor rid of the + kV_Indexed the cascade ocurred....
>
> I realized the + kV_Indexed was probabaly not needed, but it it helped me
> document intent and I never imagine it could cause a problem!
>
> valentina (At least < 2) hasa lot of little quirks.... grrrrrrr

I think you simply have read docs not very good.

In V4RB Reference you can see

    VObjectPtr(
        Name as String,
        inTarget as VBaseObject,
        inDeletionControl as Integer )

The last parameter is DELETION CONTROL.
Do you see here any mention of FLAGS ?

Compare for example to
    VShort( Name as String, [Flags as Integer] )

So EVERYHTING here as documented.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com