[VSDK] Specifying a secondary index?

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Sat Jul 3 00:02:09 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I'm starting to have speed issue with one table that has 32017 records. The
problem happens with a query like this:

SELECT DISTINCT LowerName, Name FROM Keyword WHERE Keyword.LowerName <> ''
ORDER BY LowerName

It also happens with a cursor->Add();

The problem happens only the first time. With Sampler I have been able to
figure out the Valentina Stack:

FBL_SecondaryIndex::BuildIndex()
FBL_SecondaryIndex::OpenFirstTime()
FBL_SecondaryIndex::Open()

So it looks like that an index has to be rebuild on each launch of my
application!

Is there a way to specify such index to be persistent like the others?

Thanks,

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>