[VSDK] Specifying a secondary index?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 3 07:32:28 CDT 2004

On 7/3/04 7:02 AM, "Eric Forget" <forgete at cafederic.com> wrote:

Hi Eric,

> I'm starting to have speed issue with one table that has 32017 records. The
> problem happens with a query like this:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT LowerName, Name FROM Keyword WHERE Keyword.LowerName <> ''
> ORDER BY LowerName
>
> It also happens with a cursor->Add();
>
> The problem happens only the first time. With Sampler I have been able to
> figure out the Valentina Stack:

> FBL_SecondaryIndex::BuildIndex()
> FBL_SecondaryIndex::OpenFirstTime()
> FBL_SecondaryIndex::Open()
>
> So it looks like that an index has to be rebuild on each launch of my
> application!
>
> Is there a way to specify such index to be persistent like the others?

Of course.

1) If you set flag fIndxed, then index must be persistent.

2) even if Valentina automatically index some NOT indexed field, then
Valentina 1.x do not kill that index, and field imply become indexed.

So check this. After close of app, open db in VAPP.
Is the field marked as indexed?
It must be.

Try do not search from VAPP. Works?

3) may be YOUR code somehow remove flag fIndxed?

4) another case when Valentina self rebuild index -- if it find that number
of records in table differ from number of index records.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com