V4RB and Windows

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 29 12:21:35 CST 2004

on 1/29/04 12:07 PM, Cindy Brown at cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com wrote:

Hi Cindy,

> Just spent the whole day working on V4RB and Windows. I downloaded the
> latest version of V4RB for Windows and recompiled my windows programs on my
> windows machine. I am finding really severe problems with this. My Macintosh
> version is working with no problems at all but on the Windows version I am
> getting an awful lot of databases corrupting. In fact I can't run my
> workstation program at all as soon as I start my server version (these are
> my own programs, not your server version). My database files keep coming
> back that they have corrupted as soon as I have sent across forty or fifty
> new files. The workstation files keep coming back that they are corrupted.
> All these with a -351 varchar error.
>
> I know you had a Mac varchar error which you fixed and seems to be going
> fine but are you sure the PC version is working correctly?
>
> I really need some help on this as I have customers who are waiting for a
> fix for this problem.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please clarify:

1) you build on RB MAC and run on WIN?
Or you work in RB WIN IDE ?

2) you use V4RB 1.10 ?

3) you mean you have own server app built over V4RB,
And you have client part of app that talk via network to server?

4) what means sent 40-50 files???

5) V4RB contains _TEST project.
    it have very cool VarChar test.

Check this project. Make sure that VarChar test is not commented.
You can comment all other tests.
Compile it and run on windows.
If this tests go with no problems, then I hope we do not have logical bug.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com