[VServer] Mac error -43

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 27 18:23:08 CST 2004

on 1/27/04 5:16 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

>>> I found it:
>>>
>>> It's not the Xtra. At least this OSX version does not accept its own
>>> IP address on opensession().
>>> If I use "localhost" instead it works.
>>>
>>> But how do I get the own IP address from Director?
>>> My installer needs to know how to connect...
>>
>> 1) I have not catch. IF you need connect to the same computer,
>>     then simply use LOCALHOST.
>
> How do I know?
> How does my installer know if it is the same?

Not clear.

User take your CD with installer of Valentina Server, yes.
Insert it into Server computer. Yes?
Run installer.
So you always need locoalhost.

If you talk about CLIENT PART of your app,
Then you MUST provide for USER a way tell which IP to connect.

> In my installer, I could write: Please use "localhost" for local
> connections and the IP address for others, but I am sure the support
> will bug we for the next year if I do so.

Totally not clear.

Your installer try connect to Vserver ???

>> 2) may be problem not in OSX but in settings of your computer?
>
> Which settings?

Control panel "Network"

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com