[VServer] Mac error -43

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Tue Jan 27 18:45:45 CST 2004

>  >>> It's not the Xtra. At least this OSX version does not accept its own
>  >>> IP address on opensession().
>  >>> If I use "localhost" instead it works.
>  >>>
>  >>> But how do I get the own IP address from Director?
>  >>> My installer needs to know how to connect...
>  >>
>  >> 1) I have not catch. IF you need connect to the same computer,
>  >>     then simply use LOCALHOST.
>  >
>  > How do I know?
>  > How does my installer know if it is the same?
>
>Not clear.
>
>User take your CD with installer of Valentina Server, yes.
>Insert it into Server computer. Yes?
>Run installer.
>So you always need locoalhost.
>
>If you talk about CLIENT PART of your app,
>Then you MUST provide for USER a way tell which IP to connect.

The installer does all installs. On start the user selects what he
wants to install, i.e.
- server
- client
- or single place version

Surely, the user must know the IP of his server for a server or
client installation but I prefer to keep things as simple as
possible. If he needs to enter "localhost" for the server and an IP
for the clients, chances are that people will make faults.

Since I am gathering information from existing installations during
installation which will get lost after an update, I want to exclude
all possible problems as far as possible.
This thing will be handed out to Pharmacists and I already know them ;-)

>  > In my installer, I could write: Please use "localhost" for local
>  > connections and the IP address for others, but I am sure the support
>  > will bug we for the next year if I do so.
>
>Totally not clear.
>
>Your installer try connect to Vserver ???

Yes. I need to write an Admin account, add global settings for all
users gathered from existing installations, write expiry date and
serial numbers etc.

>  >> 2) may be problem not in OSX but in settings of your computer?
>  >
>  > Which settings?
>
>Control panel "Network"

Everything is ok there. The machine is networked. It's working well
in mixed Mac/PC environment.