Database works on 4.5.2

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 26 09:47:13 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan:
	I have downloaded the Valentina_RB_sit.bin file and I have
downloaded a newer copy of V4RBReference and ValentinaSQL pdf files and the
new VAPP.

	I have found the...
.... inLockType reference to the in the SQLExecute statement and related to the
VCursor.

	That would appear to solve the first example that I sent you..
	I search the database using....for a record
rs as VCursor
res as Boolean
rs = Nil
	rs = mDB.SQLSelect("select * from active where id ='"uid"'",kV_Server,
kV_NoLocks, kV_Random)
	if rs.recordcount > 0 then
		res = rs.delete
	end if
	mDb.Flush

or instead of deleting I try to use the following method for updating.....

	rs.Field("dateset").SetString("an edited date")
	rs.Field("descript").SetString("an edited message)
	rs.Field("aptime").SetString("an edited time")
	rs.Filed("id").SetString("old id number")
	res= rs.Update
	mDb.Flush

I have updated all my SQLStatements.  Thanks...(I had also mixed your 1.98 Plugin
with the older ValentinaUtitlities Class).  All straightened out now.

However, I like the function of the GetRecID and GoToRecID but am confused as to
to make all my VObjectPTR (s) in all my Tables have the same ability as the
VCursor (s) do.  I have managed to kill RB5 a few time...so I thought I should ask.
VAPP can delete it but my program can't.

To remind you..
Dim i as integer
i = val(Listbox1.cell(listbox1.Listindex,4))
res= mDb.mA.GoToRecID(i)
if res= true then
	res= mDb.mA.DeleteRecord
	if res = true then