Database works on 4.5.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 26 20:17:17 CST 2004

on 1/26/04 4:47 PM, Chuck at rwc1717 at shaw.ca wrote:

Hi Chuck,

> I have updated all my SQLStatements.  Thanks...(I had also mixed your 1.98
> Plugin with the older ValentinaUtitlities Class).  All straightened out now.

Good.

> However, I like the function of the GetRecID and GoToRecID but am confused as
> to to make all my VObjectPTR (s) in all my Tables have the same ability as the
> VCursor (s) do.  I have managed to kill RB5 a few time...so I thought I should
> ask.  VAPP can delete it but my program can't.
>
> To remind you..
> Dim i as integer
> i = val(Listbox1.cell(listbox1.Listindex,4))
> res= mDb.mA.GoToRecID(i)
> if res= true then
> res= mDb.mA.DeleteRecord
> if res = true then
> msgbox "work"
> end if
> end if

NOTE:

1) you try to use BaseObject API.
    this is not very good if you think ever switch to multi-user.

2) you get false, yes?

Reason can be:

-- you have OTHER cursor with ReadOnly or ReadWrite lock on THIS record,
So record cannot be deleted -- IT IS LOCKED.

-- on the other hand I see that you use NoLocks.
Does all your cursors use NoLock?
If yes, then above reason seems to be NOT a problem.

Then only I can think about is that your ObjectPtr have RESTRICT flag.
But then VAPP also should not delete that record.

I am in wonder.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com