Database works on 4.5.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 26 11:08:51 CST 2004

on 1/25/04 6:53 PM, Chuck at rwc1717 at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi Ruslan:
> Glad to hear it is me not RB 5.x or Valentina.
>
> However, my statements never set my VCursor to ReadOnly = true (isn't the
> default False?) which would be why they fine work in 4.5.2.  Does RB 5.0 need
> me to
> set this to False?
>
> I have looked @ Lock, NoLock, LockParameters, Lock, Parameters and there
> is nothing in the pdf files: V4RBReference or ValentinaSQL.  Just the ReadOnly
> setting in the VCursor Class.
>
> I have checked my SQLSelect statements and they look exactly like yours as
> they appear in V4RBReference.pdf  Class VCursor   V4RBR-61
>
> I agree that for the VCursor object is locked and will not allow me to update
> or
> delete records....but how did it get that way and why only in RB 5.x and not
> 4.5.2?
>
> Is there another version of Valentina that resolves this.  I am using 1.9.7, I
> believe.

Hi Chuck,

So you use old 1.9.7 version. It do not have lock parameters in the
SqlSelect(). And I think you still have old docs related to 1.9.7.

Note, that we have not 1.10, and docs are updated. Examples also.

Then I really do not see what problem you can have with 1.9.7.
May be only that 1.9.7 can glitches on Panther, btw.

And I do not see reason, why RB versions change something.

Check, if you can, switch to 1.10 Valentina.
If no then we need investigate more your problem.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com