Database works on 4.5.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jan 25 21:31:40 CST 2004

on 1/25/04 5:09 PM, Chuck at rwc1717 at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi Ruslan:
> I have changed the programming to mimic you by using the BaseObject
> methods.
> I have stored the RecID from database record in a field in my listbox.
> Then...
> Dim i as integer
>
> i = val(Listbox1.cell(listbox1.Listindex,4))
> res= mDb.mA.GoToRecID(i)
> if res= true then
> res= mDb.mA.DeleteRecord
> if res = true then
> msgbox "work"
> end if
> end if
> The first boolean varaible tests true ie: the debugger goes into the next
> if...then...else loop ...it finds the record:-).

> However the second res value does not and the record is not deleted.  I have
> tried inserting mDb.mA.Flush but there is no difference in the outcome.

Flush is not an issue here

> Moreover,. I can extract the field information values and display them.
> ie: editrfield1.text = mDb.ma.Datefield.Value+mDb.ma.Decsript.Fd.Value..
>
> Wierder than wierd...stranger than strange....an X-File or what?

Hi Chuck,

I wonder, if you have see my last letter.

------------
I think problem NOT in RB 4.5.2 or 5.x

As I see you have forget specify LockParameters in the cursor

> rs = mDB.SQLSelect("select * from active where id ='"uid"'")

Please read docs on this function SQLSelect

Or do you want point that you cannot delete record using BaseObject API
also, as well as via cursor?

Then may be your table have ObjectPtr which have parameter "RESTRICT" ?

Try delete that record in VAPP.

And I am not very clear see your problem.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com