AW: [V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Wed Jan 7 20:48:24 CST 2004

>Erich,
>
>Right now we DO NOT provide ability of using BOTH LOCAL and CLIENT Extras
>inside of single projector.
>
>Although Director + V4MD is probably the only IDE now that allow keep both
>Xtra in the plugin folder. But I think we still get confusing because they
>have the same API.
>
>We will try later resolve this.
>Probably in such way:
>

>                 + Valentina_Local.dll
>     V4MD.Xtra
>                 + Valentina_Client.dll
>

>So we get single Xtra, and single API, and need just say what database we
>want to get LOCAL or remote. And I think this way can work in 3 ways
>     only local
>     only client
>     both

Not quite clear yet.
I do not need both xtras at the same time.

Besides adding Xtras to a Projector or keeping them in an Xtras
folder, Director offers a third option of opening an Xtra from ANY
folder and closing it again after use.

So all I would want to to is:
Start my director app WITHOUT ANY Valentina Xtra in Xtras folder or projector.
I have two other folders "master" and "client" containing the V4MD
Xtra and the V4MD_client Xtra.
When I need the master Xtra, I just open it with openxlib(the
moviepath & "master" & gsep & "V4MD.X32")
-> This works.

When I don't need it any more I want to close it with closexlib(the
moviepath & "master" & gsep & "V4MD.X32")
This will of course only work, if there are no current instances of
the Xtra any more.
-> That's what doesn't work. It seems the Xtra is still in use after
destroying all of its instances.

Next it should be possible to open the other Xtra by calling
openxlib(the moviepath & "client" & gsep & "V4MD_Client.X32") etc.

You see?

If that's not possible for some reason I need to go the other way.

Erich