AW: [V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 7 21:12:31 CST 2004

on 1/7/04 8:58 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

> Sure. But imagine the following scenario:
> User has
> - either Old V12 database
> - or Valetina database
> - plus 3 or 4 additional external files from old installation
> - on PC or Mac
>
> So I need to gather Information from various places, not only from an
> existing Valentina Database.
> Old database contains basic data Plus own notes and settings.
>
> Now user wants to update to a server DB.
>
> I need to:
> - copy new basic Database from CD-ROM to Server directory
> - fetch personal settings and notes from V12 or Valentina based
> application locally or over a network
> - import additional data from settings files and
> - set username, password etc. for admin in Master DB.
>
> This is all already finished and working, i.e. opening, gathering, etc.

> The only problem is:
> When I am finished with gathering information (using V4MD Xtra) I
> need to write those data into the new server database which requires
> V4MD_Client.

But you can simply to use database with gathered information!
Why you think you need write info from it to Serve database???

> Is there something wrong in opening and closing the Xtras explicitely
> using openxlib() and closexlib()?

Erich,

Right now we DO NOT provide ability of using BOTH LOCAL and CLIENT Extras
inside of single projector.

Although Director + V4MD is probably the only IDE now that allow keep both
Xtra in the plugin folder. But I think we still get confusing because they
have the same API.

We will try later resolve this.
Probably in such way:

                + Valentina_Local.dll
    V4MD.Xtra
                + Valentina_Client.dll

So we get single Xtra, and single API, and need just say what database we
want to get LOCAL or remote. And I think this way can work in 3 ways
    only local
    only client
    both

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com