AW: [V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 7 20:32:34 CST 2004

on 1/7/04 7:40 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

>> 3. I guess you can upgrade to the server version but not downgrade? So maybe
>> you could call another projector copying the server xtra to XTRAS and
>> installing the server, then restart your application.
>
> No need for a downgrade. Copying the right Xtras needed for the final
> version in question is not the problem.
> Only during installation I need to open both a single database (to
> read data) and a network database (to write to).

Erich,

I think this is point of confusion.

You MUST NOT do nothing hard to transfer
EXISTED user database under server!!!

You need just DROP this db files into "Databases" folder of Server,
And REGISTER this database to Vserver.

That is all.
Now server knows it.

Or you want to merge few databases together ???
Then you can merge them at first using V4MD.
And you get single db and again just register it to server

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com