AW: Valentina + Director in a local Browser

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 25 14:47:15 CST 2004

on 2/25/04 2:31 PM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

> A .dcr is a shockwave movie, which is frankly said Director's online
> format. You can download the player engine as a browser plug-in.

> Because of security reasons, an xtra that shall work with shockwave movies
> must be certified by macromedia as "shockwave-safe".

> For all xtras writing and reading from hard disk, this is not quite easy I
> think. I don't know if there are other DB Xtras that are shockwave safe and
> work with a local database.

I see.

1) very soon we will make V4MD_Client SW safe.
    this will be quite legal, because V4MD_client do not touch DISK
    of client computer. It just talk to Valentina Server.

2) V4MD LOCAL, yes, touch disk, so I do not see any sense make it as SW
safe.

Even if to do this, such V4MD LOCAL Xtra will be able work only with TMP
folder and with TMP databases as I understand.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com