Valentina + Director in a local Browser

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Wed Feb 25 13:52:29 CST 2004

Hi all,

> > Name:      Hans-Joerg Bibiko
> >
> > Question regarding: v4md
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I'm just testing your remarkable database engine. All works fine, but I
have
> > no idea how can I develop a dcr using Valentina

I think there is a confusion between dcr/director and valentina.

You can develop a director movie with director and then compile it in a dcr
file. A director movie can use the V4MD XTRA for director which will enable
the access to valentina databases.

> Hans, what you mean with dcr ?

A dcr is a shockwave compiled version of a director movie to be used in a
web browser.

> > and  is displayed in a local browser.
>
> > I read about 'dswmedia' folder, but I was not able  to manage it.
>
> Again, I not understand what you mean with 'dswmedia' folder ?

The dswmedia folder ( mymovie\dswmedia)  on the client machine is the only
in which the dcr is authorised to read or write files.
This is made to avoid security problems.

I don't know if it is possible to use V4MD on a client webbrowser via a dcr.
One way may be to download the XTRA one each client. Using download XTRA
when needed in fact the default shockwave player do not contains the V4MD
XTRA. Once this done the client dcr may access to a database on a server ?

Best reagrds

SBT / HAPPYneuron
Roland HILDEBRANDT
r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr