[V4MD] Classic and OS X projectors

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Tue Feb 24 14:02:28 CST 2004

>That's correct, there is a projector for Mac Classic, a different
>projector for Mac Carbon, and a third projector for Windows. In most
>cases, if you select "Include In Projector" when you add an Xtra to
>the Xtra list Director will use the appropriate Xtra when it
>compiles the application (Classic or Carbon). For Valentina, though,
>it doesn't seem to be able to find the classic Xtra for some reason
>so I'm including the Xtra in an external Xtras folder. Having both
>the classic and carbon versions of the Valentina Xtra in the same
>Xtras folder, though, causes a problem opening the carbon projector.
>
>Nathan

Hi Nathan,

while DMX has those two folders with Carbon Xtras and Classic Xtras,
I have never sucessfully made a Classic projector on OSX just by just
having the Classic and carbon versions in those folders.
It seems that only the standard Xtras get replaced automatically.
What helps is to manually replace the Xtras for the Classic version
with the non-carbon versions.

You need to
- have the xtras available (I just replace the Xtras in Directors
Xtras folder temporary whith the third party versions of the Xtras in
the Classic folder, since there is no option to choose a folder in
the dialog)

- restart director

- modify -> movie -> Xtras and replace all third party version with
the non carbon versions

- make the classic projector

- move the old Xtras back to where they were stored before

- restart director

HTH,
Erich