[V4MD] Classic and OS X projectors

Nathan Friesen nfriesen at dyton.com
Mon Feb 23 13:19:43 CST 2004

On Feb 23, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 2/23/04 8:50 PM, Nathan Friesen at nfriesen at dyton.com wrote:
>
>>> I think that in projector you must repeat folder hierarchy.
>>>
>>>     Projector
>>>         Xtras/V4MD_Carbon.Xtra
>>>         Classic MacOS/Xtras/V4MD.Xtra
>>>
>>> Check this.
>>
>> I tried this and the carbon projector was able to find its Xtra, but
>> the classic projector gave me a script error when it tried to use the
>> Xtra.
>>
>> Here's a link to what to do with the BuddyAPI Xtra (which also doesn't
>> compile the classic version into the projector):
>> http://bne001w.webcentral.com.au/read?377822,325 Using this format, I
>> set up my hierarchy like this:
>>
>>   Classic Projector
>>   Carbon Projector
>>   Xtras
>>      classic
>>         V4MD.Xtr
>>      os_x
>>         V4MD_Carbon.Xtr
>>   other assets
>>
>> I've been able to get it to work by structuring the CD this way:
>>
>>   other assets
>>   Classic
>>      Classic Projector
>>      Xtras
>>         V4MD.Xtr
>>   Carbon
>>      Carbon Projector
>>      Xtras
>>         V4MD_Carbon.Xtr
>>
>> But this buries the projector within a folder, and then the projector
>> needs to look up a level to work with the shared assets.
>>
>> Is there something I'm not doing right? Thanks
>
> Aha, right.
>
> You MUST to have 2 Projectors.
> One for classic, another for Carbon.
>
> Director not produce portable byte code, right?
> For Windows we have separate .exe file.
> The same for Classic and Carbon.
>
> Projectors are different!

That's correct, there is a projector for Mac Classic, a different
projector for Mac Carbon, and a third projector for Windows. In most
cases, if you select "Include In Projector" when you add an Xtra to the
Xtra list Director will use the appropriate Xtra when it compiles the
application (Classic or Carbon). For Valentina, though, it doesn't seem
to be able to find the classic Xtra for some reason so I'm including
the Xtra in an external Xtras folder. Having both the classic and
carbon versions of the Valentina Xtra in the same Xtras folder, though,
causes a problem opening the carbon projector.

Nathan

Nathan Friesen
Dyton, Inc.
2302 West 1st Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
P: 319.277.8418
F: 319.277.8417

www.dyton.com

------
    Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.
         --Phillip Stanhope
------