[V4MD] Classic and OS X projectors

Nathan Friesen nfriesen at dyton.com
Wed Feb 25 12:33:02 CST 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 7:02 AM, Erich Geiersberger wrote:

>> That's correct, there is a projector for Mac Classic, a different
>> projector for Mac Carbon, and a third projector for Windows. In most
>> cases, if you select "Include In Projector" when you add an Xtra to
>> the Xtra list Director will use the appropriate Xtra when it compiles
>> the application (Classic or Carbon). For Valentina, though, it
>> doesn't seem to be able to find the classic Xtra for some reason so
>> I'm including the Xtra in an external Xtras folder. Having both the
>> classic and carbon versions of the Valentina Xtra in the same Xtras
>> folder, though, causes a problem opening the carbon projector.
>>
>> Nathan
>

> Hi Nathan,
>
> while DMX has those two folders with Carbon Xtras and Classic Xtras, I
> have never sucessfully made a Classic projector on OSX just by just
> having the Classic and carbon versions in those folders.
> It seems that only the standard Xtras get replaced automatically.
> What helps is to manually replace the Xtras for the Classic version
> with the non-carbon versions.
>
> You need to
> - have the xtras available (I just replace the Xtras in Directors
> Xtras folder temporary whith the third party versions of the Xtras in
> the Classic folder, since there is no option to choose a folder in the
> dialog)
>
> - restart director
>
> - modify -> movie -> Xtras and replace all third party version with
> the non carbon versions
>
> - make the classic projector
>
> - move the old Xtras back to where they were stored before
>
> - restart director
>
> HTH,
> Erich

Eric,

Thanks for the advice. That seems like a cumbersome way to get it to
work, but I guess I should just be happy that it will work at all.
Maybe with a new version of Director it will work better, but I won't
hold my breath.

Nathan

Nathan Friesen
Dyton, Inc.
2302 West 1st Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
P: 319.277.8418
F: 319.277.8417

www.dyton.com

------
   When one door closes another door opens;
   but we so often look so long and so regretfully
   upon the closed door, that we do not see the
   ones which open for us.
       - Helen Keller
------