Windows V4RB varChar -351 error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Feb 22 23:38:09 CST 2004

on 2/22/04 11:01 PM, Cindy Brown at cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com wrote:

Hi Cindy,

> With the latest version of V4RB I am getting a lot of -351 varchar errors
> just in windows. The same program is working with absolutely no problems but
> the windows version keeps bringing up the -351 errors. For example, I can
> open a list window with a list of all the records in a particular table
> which includes two or three varchar fields, then click on New, which brings
> up a new window and allows me to type in a new record. Put in some
> information, not necessarily even in the varchar fields. Save the record. Go
> back to the list window (both windows stay open). The new record appears in
> the window. Double-click on the new record to bring up the details and I get
> a -351 error. If I quit the program and then double-click on the new record,
> it's fine. There is nothing wrong with the SQL query (Select ** From Units).
> The process, using the same database files, works with no problems on Mac.
>
> This is only one example of where windows is bringing up these errors. It
> wasn't doing it last year when I was using version 9 (I think) (RealBasic
> 4.5). I had no errors like this appearing at all so it's a bit disconcerting
> when it starts happening unexpectedly.
>
> Just out of interest, the -351 error is not correct as the database is still
> fine. But it stops the program from working correctly until I restart.

This is the point!

Somebody 2-3 weeks ago also have point this.

It looks like Valentina do false 351 error on windows
IF do some magic steps regarding record locks.

I think you can find this letter of list.
It looks to be wrong steps in general.
So there is way to NOT do that steps.

I am not able reproduce this problem here.
If you can send me something, I will be many thanks.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com