Windows V4RB varChar -351 error

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Mon Feb 23 10:01:18 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

With the latest version of V4RB I am getting a lot of -351 varchar errors
just in windows. The same program is working with absolutely no problems but
the windows version keeps bringing up the -351 errors. For example, I can
open a list window with a list of all the records in a particular table
which includes two or three varchar fields, then click on New, which brings
up a new window and allows me to type in a new record. Put in some
information, not necessarily even in the varchar fields. Save the record. Go
back to the list window (both windows stay open). The new record appears in
the window. Double-click on the new record to bring up the details and I get
a -351 error. If I quit the program and then double-click on the new record,
it's fine. There is nothing wrong with the SQL query (Select ** From Units).
The process, using the same database files, works with no problems on Mac.

This is only one example of where windows is bringing up these errors. It
wasn't doing it last year when I was using version 9 (I think) (RealBasic
4.5). I had no errors like this appearing at all so it's a bit disconcerting
when it starts happening unexpectedly.

Just out of interest, the -351 error is not correct as the database is still
fine. But it stops the program from working correctly until I restart.

Looking forward to some ideas of what to do here.

Cindy Brown