[FEATURE] RBDB API: length of VarChar fields ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Feb 22 23:30:31 CST 2004

on 2/22/04 11:06 PM, Geoff Perlman at geoff at realsoftware.com wrote:

> I agree. The IDE database interface needs to be more customizable so
> that features specific to backend databases can be made available. This
> won't change for v5.5 but we will try to change it for v6.

This will be great, Geoff!

Also DataControl is not very correct I think.
I already have describe why.

---------------
I believe in Visual BASIC 6, was NOT BAD implementation of
Idea of DataSource interface
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I underline. VB have DataSource as INTERFACE class.

I.e. They specify API,
And I can in Visual BASIC, just create subclass of DataSource interface,
Which will know about Valentina Cursor and implement its API.

That is all (!!!)

All controls as checkboxes, editFields, will be able to work with Valentina
cursor as data source. I can do that eve NOT in plugin, but in VB code.
And that will work even on JOIN tables.

Compare now to REALbasic way. More complex, and less features.
DataSource is something very special -- this is DataControl (???)
But it should be JUST an interface class.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com