VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Feb 17 20:49:55 CST 2004

> Ken, as far as I know, the names of resources are not wired to
> anything (except how they are called from Transcript), so you can
> rename them yourself. The only thing to figure out is how to call the
> right one at the right time. Of top of my head, this can be done by
> either duplicating the handlers for each mode or using a passthru
> function that knows whether you are in server or local mode and calls
> one or the other name.

Actually, I think the problem is attaching the externals properly. If I
attach two externals (one VXCMD and one VXCMD Client) to a Rev stack,
they will both have the same "Valentina" entrypoint, won't they? How
will Rev know to use the VXCMD Client when I make the call to
Valentina("New Database", host, ...) instead of the standalone VXCMD?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/