VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 18 09:49:37 CST 2004

on 2/18/04 4:49 AM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>> Ken, as far as I know, the names of resources are not wired to
>> anything (except how they are called from Transcript), so you can
>> rename them yourself. The only thing to figure out is how to call the
>> right one at the right time. Of top of my head, this can be done by
>> either duplicating the handlers for each mode or using a passthru
>> function that knows whether you are in server or local mode and calls
>> one or the other name.
>
> Actually, I think the problem is attaching the externals properly. If I
> attach two externals (one VXCMD and one VXCMD Client) to a Rev stack,
> they will both have the same "Valentina" entrypoint, won't they? How
> will Rev know to use the VXCMD Client when I make the call to
> Valentina("New Database", host, ...) instead of the standalone VXCMD?

Ken,

IF you look by resedit into CODE resource, you will see there name of linked
VXCMD.

So client CODE (which I have add yesterday) points VXCMD_Client
And LOCAL CODE points VXCMD

If you put both CODE into stak and rename one of them,
It seems may work.

But this is only for Carbon and Classic then, because MACHO do not use CODE
resource.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com