VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Feb 17 17:06:01 CST 2004

> No, it is not possible (I mean possible it is but it won't work). A
> given version of MC/Rev accepts only one type of resource. You can
> have different versions of the same type (with different ids). Since
> we call them by name from scripts, they must also have different
> names ('valentina' and 'valentina_server' for example).

Exactly. This is why I have two separate MetaCard stacks that act as by
database connectors - one for Valentina standalone and one for Valentina
Client. They both have exactly the same code, but I can't put them in
the same stack as the Valentina external is called the same way as
"Valentina". So I have one that connects to the standalone VXCMD and the
other connects to the client VXCMD.

It would be great to have the two called by different names so it could
be merged into a single accessor stack...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/