VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 17 23:51:20 CST 2004

>Hi Chris,
>
>I have upload both VXCMD_Client Carbon and Classic.
>
>Both now have stack.
>It have CODE with 1200 and 1202 id
>
>     1200 -> Classic
>     1202 -> Carbon
>
>Please check, may be Revolution want for Carbon some other id?

Ruslan, here is a relevant Tidbit from Rev/MC docs which might
explain why your Carbon resource does not work:

Externals must be in Mach-O bundle format on Mac OS X.  Updated
projects are included in the Mac OS X package.  Rather than load from
the resource fork of a stack, externals must be kept in separate files
and are loaded using the stacks "externals" property as they are on
Win32 and UNIX platforms.

>>  Also, is it possible to put both the client and
>>  non-client CODE resources into my stack at the same
>>  time so that I can easily switch between the two
>>  without having to recopy them and rebuild my app?
>
>You know may be yes, possible,
>
>It seems MetCard/Rev expect Ids of CODE resources in some circle.
>
>So you can have 2 CARBON resources with e.g 1202 and 1205 ids.
>Read their docs.

No, it is not possible (I mean possible it is but it won't work). A
given version of MC/Rev accepts only one type of resource. You can
have different versions of the same type (with different ids). Since
we call them by name from scripts, they must also have different
names ('valentina' and 'valentina_server' for example).

Robert Brenstein