V4RB - nil VCursor after adding new records

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 12 20:05:40 CST 2004

on 2/12/04 7:55 PM, George A. Graham Jr. at gagraham at comcast.net wrote:

Hi George,

> We are writing a DB application using Valentina that is being developed on
> Windows, but is to run on MacOS and MacOS X as well.  This is being written
> with REALbasic 5.2.4.

> After importing a tab delimited file into the DB I try to do an SQLSelect on
> the DB.
>
> On Windows this works fine and I am able to get a VCursor object.
>
> On MacOS X this same SQL returns a nil object.
>
> I have tried putting a call to the Flush command for the DB, and that does
> insure that the data is saved to file, but on the Mac the SQLSelect still
> returns nil.
>
> If you exit immediately after the import, and then restart and open the DB,
> the SQLSelect works fine on the Mac.

> I haven't tried Closing and doing an Open again on the DB, but that is my next
> task.  Is this a bug?

I do not think this is a bug.
Let's check.

* so you do not move files from Win to MAC,
    you just do all the same on MAC
    create db files, create tables, then create cursor
    and import into it file. Yes?

BTW, do you import THE SAME file?

On MacOS importer expect to see text file in MAC OS format.
Check this.

* after cursor NIL
    check Valentina Error code.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com