V4RB - nil VCursor after adding new records

George A. Graham Jr. gagraham at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 10:55:28 CST 2004

Ruslan,

We are writing a DB application using Valentina that is being developed on
Windows, but is to run on MacOS and MacOS X as well.  This is being written
with REALbasic 5.2.4.  After importing a tab delimited file into the DB I
try to do an SQLSelect on the DB.  On Windows this works fine and I am able
to get a VCursor object.  On MacOS X this same SQL returns a nil object.  I
have tried putting a call to the Flush command for the DB, and that does
insure that the data is saved to file, but on the Mac the SQLSelect still
returns nil.  If you exit immediately after the import, and then restart and
open the DB, the SQLSelect works fine on the Mac.  I haven't tried Closing
and doing an Open again on the DB, but that is my next task.  Is this a bug?

Regards,
George