[DIRECT-L Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAMfeatures?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 3 18:00:15 CST 2004

on 2/3/04 12:24 PM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

> I desperately need a command to make a backup of the DB. Just copy it to a
> different location. Right now, I have to stop the service, copy, restart. I
> can not do this from Director. I tried calling the server installer with
> option /k but from Director you need to use an xtra for this. I tried with
> the famous BuddyAPI but it did not work. Vserver service did not stop. Since
> this works from my installer, I guess it's a Buddy API problem but I can not
> solve this task at the moment and I don't want the user to be responsible
> for quitting a service.
>
> What would even be better was an automized backup engine coming with the
> server. Something like
>
> VALbackupProcess(every day, at startup, to folder XYZ, changed data or all
> data)

Yes,

We plan of course to have HOT BACKUP.
This is must have feature.

We will have own format of backup file,
And different options.

Igor already have start develop this option more than year ago,
But it was freeze, because this feature usually is built on transaction
mechanism.

Now let's think what we can do right now.

Igor say that he have small utility
    Shutdown.exe

To start again
    vserver_nt.exe -s

So we need just ad this utility to archive of Vserve,
And you will be able do .bat files for auto-backup.

Am I right?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com