[DIRECT-L Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAMfeatures?

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Tue Feb 3 11:24:02 CST 2004

I desperately need a command to make a backup of the DB. Just copy it to a
different location. Right now, I have to stop the service, copy, restart. I
can not do this from Director. I tried calling the server installer with
option /k but from Director you need to use an xtra for this. I tried with
the famous BuddyAPI but it did not work. Vserver service did not stop. Since
this works from my installer, I guess it's a Buddy API problem but I can not
solve this task at the moment and I don't want the user to be responsible
for quitting a service.

What would even be better was an automized backup engine coming with the
server. Something like

VALbackupProcess(every day, at startup, to folder XYZ, changed data or all
data)

Best regards, Florian