vServer

Eric Werner, MD gaseous1 at mac.com
Tue Dec 21 07:21:41 CST 2004

Ruslan,

The vServer installer creates a folder with an owner name from an old
user, now inactive, and the group “unknown.”

When the vServer initially starts it is a “root” process. vStudio
cannot connect to it. My REALbasic project cannot connect to it.

These are the contents:

Database Table
master				/Library/ValentinaServer/Databases/master.vdb
ericsdb				/Library/ValentinaServer/Databases/EricsDB.vdb
my addresses		/Library/ValentinaServer/Databases/My Addresses.vdb

User Table
sa		sa		0
eric	eric	0

Note that if I change the vServer owner to “root” and group to “admin”
that I can then connect. However, I have not been able to view a
database in either vStudio or the REALbasic vServer Administrator
project. In REALbasic, I’ve been able to track a consistent crash to
the call for the vDatabase.SchemaVersion, where vDatabase is a database
registered with vServer and called in the appropriate fashion.

I’d appreciate any insights into this flaky behavior.

Regards,

Eric