vServer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Dec 20 22:54:15 CST 2004

On 12/20/04 10:43 PM, "Eric Werner, MD" <gaseous1 at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Eric,

> What are vServer¹s owner, group and permissions values, when installed in
> /Library?

Hmm. Good question.

I did copy files from my computer into package.
And during year this did work for all developers.
You have any problems ?

> Can one register databases from the command line?

No. 2 ways.

1) API of client (e.g. V4RB client)

2) Vstudio.

Command line way will not work in any case.

Assume Vserver run day after day. Then how you will do that?
Vstudio is made to control Vserver.

> I¹m not yet able to open a database
> I have registered either by using vStudio or an REALbasic project.

What happens ?

Please do next:

* STOP Vserver
* open in Vstudio the masterdb as LOCAL db, simply by OPEN command.
* check here what you see about db registrations.
 compare NAMES of db, and paths.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com