I was just talking to the boys upstairs and He says...

jda jda at his.com
Mon Aug 9 17:18:35 CDT 2004

I don't have clients. I have users who purchase and use a
shrinkwrapped (well, not really shrinkwrapped these days, but...)
app. If you survey commercial (consumer) database products on the
Mac, you'd find that the large majority do not divvy up the databases
into multiple files. Those that do tend to have been ported from
Windows (and it shows). It makes things unnecessarily messy. I've had
excellent experiences with single file databases. I'm not saying that
anyone should or shouldn't using single file dbs, but they are
certainly superior for my, and my user's, needs.

Jon