I was just talking to the boys upstairs and He says...

Holly Bogossian holly at roundboxmedia.com
Mon Aug 9 16:59:36 CDT 2004

I'm not sure how or what you are developing but I would think that
you could make your application function with the 4 files and still
make it transparent to the end user. As the developer, it would give
you a lot more flexibility for the inevitable last minute changes
that clients come up with.
--holly

>>I'd re-consider "only one". I think you'll find that over time,
>>this might cause more maintenance problems for you.
>>

>I politely disagree, especially for a consumer product (don't know
>what platform you are on, but on Macs this would be alien to most
>users). I have one db file, but include a menu option to reindex the
>database. My users find that quite natural. Finding a .idx file and
>trashing it is OK for a developer or a savvy user, but not for
>novices (IMHO, of course).
>
>Jon

---------
The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.
       --isak dinesen