[V4RB] OPEN/Close trick?

Karen keatk at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 15:45:30 CDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 1:02 PM, Keith DeLong wrote:

>> What if I use a Win2K or OS9 server for the file with an OSX clients?
>> Do you need to worry about file locks then from an OSX client? I
>> assume
>> also that it will work fine if I only use Win2K and OS9 machines.
>
> I think you're okay as long as you do not host the data on X -- but
> test
> this to make sure.

I just did. I hosted the DB files on my old 266 mHz Beige G3 running
OS9 and tried to access the DB from two clients on my OSX machine...
Worked just fine...

So I assume that as long as the DB Files are hosted on a non Unix
machine, the old fashioned open/Close trick using the error number
check should work.

- karen