[V4MD]: Mac OSX error -61 in projector

Tschoatscho Kettl ich at medienzar.de
Wed Apr 7 14:30:24 CDT 2004

Hi Christian,

>- Opening the database manually from the message window works, right after
>the same was tried by the projector code and did fail.
>
>Does anybody have the slightest idea what could be a possible cause for
>this? I don't know what and how else I could test, because the problem only
>occurs with the projector and the database files being accessed directly
>from the CD-ROM.

The only difference between executing code from the message window
and executing code from a script is the time when it happens.
Maybe you try to access the Db-Files on the CD-ROM when the machine
is just filling up some volume cache or something like that.
When do you try to open the database in your code? on prepareMovie?
Maybe you should give some time for the drive to "breath" or to the
projector to apply it's process user rights (don't know to much about
UNIX, sorry ;-). I know this sounds stupid and naive but regarding to
the symptoms you described this might be a solution.
--
Greets Tsch.