V4RB 2.0 // Unicode

jda jda at his.com
Wed Sep 24 08:38:50 CDT 2003

>Hi Jon,
>
>We will fight on this :-)
>
>Igor already have start collect materials and make analyze
>>From Monday this is his MAIN task for double full time work.
>Let's wish him good luck.

Igor, good luck!

>The best thing with IBM lib -- we do not need spend time on searching and
>studying of OS functions for 3 different OS. We will get the same API for 3
>platforms.

That makes a great deal of sense.

BTW, regarding your comments about indexing in 2.0 -- how does the
speed of searching unindexed fields in 2.0 compare to searching
unindexed fields in 1.0? And what will happen to db size in 2.0,
especially those that have lots of large indexes (my indexes make up
over a third of the total db size)?

Thanks,

Jon