V4RB 2.0 // Unicode

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 24 15:30:51 CDT 2003

on 9/24/03 3:21 PM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

>>>  Hi Ruslan,
>>>
>>>  Can you give an approximate time scheme when we can expect the first V4RB
>>>  alpha based on the new 2.0 engine?
>>
>> Hi Jurriaan,
>>
>> End of October - Start of Nov.
>>

> Ruslan, will the 2.0 alphas be Unicode-savvy?

Hi Jon,

We will fight on this :-)

Igor already have start collect materials and make analyze
>From Monday this is his MAIN task for double full time work.
Let's wish him good luck.

He studies
    Postgre 7.1.2m
    mySQL 4.1 alpha
    IBM unicode library

* BTW, nySQL still do not have unicode! Only in 4.1 expected.

* BTW2, Postgre and mySQL on some reason provide only UTF8
    anybody know why there is no UTF16?

* May be we decide to use IBM library.
    this is of course will be 0.5MB at least additional to codebase of
Valentina. But we will make it as plugin.

The best thing with IBM lib -- we do not need spend time on searching and
studying of OS functions for 3 different OS. We will get the same API for 3
platforms.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com