[VSRV] Importance of Users?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 9 19:36:09 CDT 2003

on 9/9/03 6:57 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

Hi Ken,

> Just curious: VSRV comes with one user - 'sa' which is basically the
> system administrator. You can add users and passwords, but is this just
> for my own convenience? Meaning, if I set up a single user and I had 50
> people connect to the server with this same user name and password, is
> that OK with VSRV? Or is that related to the licensing issue?

This is not license issue.

Igor say that right now on the sam login in the same time can enter several
people. This is useful is for example you self run 2 copies of some apps
>From the same computer so why you can't login with the same name.

Login name define in general RIGHTS TO ACCESS some tables and do some
actions.

> Also, does
> VSRV keep track of what users are logged in and when they log out?

I think this can be see in log file.
But not as RDBMS table.
May be later we can add this as option.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com