BlobFields, recID and success..sort of

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Wed Sep 3 03:37:19 CDT 2003

le 2-09-03 22:31, Chuck <rwc1717 at shaw.ca> a écrit :

> Did not work...
> Means that although the image is really in the field....there is no image
> recreated...moreover...there is no error associated with the query....

How do you attempt to recreate the image ?
I suppose Input(1,2) is a string, isn't it ? Thus you have something in it
after the line "Input (1,2) = rsV.BlobField("imageoneC").readRawData" or is
Input (1,2) empty ?
Note that the method "readRawData" doesn't recreate image. See "GetPicture"
and other method of the VPicture field.

[...]

>> Strange too. What is the link condition of the tables ? ObjectPointers ?
> Have you tested the VDatabase.errNumber after the query ?
>
> The tables are not linked......I am simply querying on a field that is common
> to both tables.

You cannot do that (or I have not understood what you want to do).
If your query are on 2 tables, you must specify a link. If you don't provide
the link condition, you'll get an error "Missing link" unless you've defined
link via an objectPointer. See ValentinaSQL.pdf manual "Using SQL".

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin
Belgique