BlobFields, recID and success..sort of

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 2 16:31:28 CDT 2003

Hi Francois,

>First of all, please don't change the subject each time....

I will keep to the convention, you suggest for keeping track....and not change subject
lines mid-stream....

le 1-09-03 19:19, Chuck <rwc1717 at shaw.ca> a ‚crit :

> Input (1,2) = rsV.BlobField("imageoneC").readRawData
> did not work but...yet all the other fields get filled properly.

>Strange. This code work like a charm with my db.

> what do you mean exactly by "did not work" ?

There is no space....I am simply a poor typist....email on my OS/2 machine...so no
cut and paste....

Yes, all the fields are included,
	that is unless the blobfield is not part of the * selection...as RecID

ie: rsV = mdb.SQLSelect("select RecID,* from crecord where......

Did not work...
	Means that although the image is really in the field....there is no image
recreated...moreover...there is no error associated with the query....

	Yet when I ask to get the data using the second method referring to the field
by the object name "ie: Input(1,2) = mdb.crectable.Cimageone.value....it is there...I
can recreate
the image.

yes - I suppose your code is "Input(1,2)" and not "Input (1,2)" (no space). (I
have not tested if it matters.)
yes - is the field "imageoneC" in your "rsV" cursor ?
not checked...but how could it be if the object named can see it -
rsV.BlobField("imageoneC") <> nil ?
yes - Input(1,2) is it dimmed as string ?
yes...see above...- have you some data in your blob field ?

>Strange too. What is the link condition of the tables ? ObjectPointers ?
Have you tested the VDatabase.errNumber after the query ?

The tables are not linked......I am simply querying on a field that is common to both
tables.

The database doesn't err...just returns no recordset..ie: recordcount = 0...yet like the
above image..if I query individually...all the appropriate records are found.

Thanks Chuck