BlobFields, recID and success..sort of

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue Sep 2 09:30:29 CDT 2003

Hi Chuck,

First of all, please don't change the subject each time you wrote in the
same thread. It's not easy to follow the discussion or archive some
interesting things. Change only when you start a new discussion thread.

le 1-09-03 19:19, Chuck <rwc1717 at shaw.ca> a écrit :

> Input (1,2) = rsV.BlobField("imageoneC").readRawData
> did not work but...yet all the other fields get filled properly.

Strange. This code work like a charm with my db.

- what do you mean exactly by "did not work" ?
- I suppose your code is "Input(1,2)" and not "Input (1,2)" (no space). (I
have not tested if it matters.)
- is the field "imageoneC" in your "rsV" cursor ?
- rsV.BlobField("imageoneC") <> nil ?
- Input(1,2) is it dimmed as string ?
- have you some data in your blob field ?

In any case, I suggest you test the field before you use it (i.e.
rsV.BlobField("imageoneC") <> nil)

> Another small problem I seem to be having...along the lines of quirky
> behaviour....
>
> If I try and search two tables, which have a common field
>
> ie: rsV = mdb.SQLSelect("select * from crecord, nrecord where incidrec =
> '"+incvalue+"'")
>
> If I use the coma...no records are found in either table...if I don't use the
> comma...I search the first table only...sometimes, and other times it will
> search both.

Strange too. What is the link condition of the tables ? ObjectPointers ?
Have you tested the VDatabase.errNumber after the query ?

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin
Belgique