Valentina Pricing - Additional Clarification?

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Wed Oct 29 17:09:05 CST 2003

Sorry, I must have missed the first post and assume this is all in
regard to VDN subscriptions.

> on 10/29/03 22:40, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:
>
> > Pricing Clarification
> > ---------------------
> > Until you respond on my suggestion to have the 20% discount
> apply to
> > connections instead of (or in addition to) resale of Office Server,
> > here's what the current pricing suggests:
>
> Again, there is no sense on 20% discount on connections!
> Connections get lower price when you buy MORE connections in batch.

There is a discount table for connections based on volume. The 20%
discount is only for Office Server products. This allows you to migrate
your customers to a single server configuration and still pull in
reseller's margin.

> > 2) If I want to sell SuperApp to a client that has 100 users and I
> > want to deploy it with Office Server (understanding that I have no
> > customized install, app names, etc. and that the sale is
> not tagged to
> > my product), it will cost me $800 ($1000 with a 20%
> discount as a VDN
> > member) for 250 connections.
> >
> > Does this sound right to you?

Yes, it does. This allows you to make a 20% margin as a reseller on the
server side on what is essentially going to be a product anyone can buy,
just like buying FileMaker Server.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President