Valentina Pricing - Additional Clarification?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 29 23:59:25 CST 2003

on 10/29/03 22:40, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> Pricing Clarification
> ---------------------
> Until you respond on my suggestion to have the 20% discount apply to
> connections instead of (or in addition to) resale of Office Server,
> here's what the current pricing suggests:

Again, there is no sense on 20% discount on connections!
Connections get lower price when you buy MORE connections in batch.

> 1) If I want to sell SuperApp to a client that has 100 users and I want
> to use Embedded Server, it will cost me $12.50/seat, or $1,250. This
> will actually give me 105 licenses (since the Server comes with 5). If
> later on they go up to 125 users, I can purchase a 25 connection batch
> for $17.50/seat, or $437.50. Once again, I'll actually have 130 licenses
> (since the Server comes with 5).

More correct way is:
- buy MORE connections in BATCH than ONE your user need.
- sale to each user exactly needed number of connections.

So you better buy 1000 connections BATCH license file from us,
And then generate license file with 95 connections.
I.e above user will get EXACTLY 100 connections.
And you still have on hands 905 connections.

If your other user will need 15 connections, you will make for him license
file with 10 connections. And you still have 890 connections for sale.

And so on. You see?

In this way, YOU PAY just $6 per seat.
And you can easy charge from your clients $20-70 per seat.
Yes, this is normal price today for client-server seats.

> 2) If I want to sell SuperApp to a client that has 100 users and I want
> to deploy it with Office Server (understanding that I have no customized
> install, app names, etc. and that the sale is not tagged to my product),
> it will cost me $800 ($1000 with a 20% discount as a VDN member) for 250
> connections.
>
> Does this sound right to you?

See my point 3)

> Thanks for your time, Ruslan... this is one of the areas that's really
> "fuzzy" and needs to be clarified both to Bobby and me, but I'd guess
> also to the public at large...

Ken,

The key points are:

1) if DEVELOPER plan distribute at least 10 copies of his app or solution
then VDN becomes interesting for him.

   If thousands of copies then VDN is only a good way for developer.

2) We think that in 80% cases your apps will have from 5 to 40 clients.
This is the most often configuration of small business users of your apps.
For this case VDN works perfectly.

3) Scenario that you describe in above pint 2) when your CUSTOMER will need
100-250 connections, will not be so often. And for this case, you AS VDN
MEMBER will be able resale Office Vserver to get better price then scale of
VDN offer.

So you can mix ways.

BTW, resale Office Vserever simply means that you get from us license_win_xx
File and send it to your customer. You will simply need replace license_emb
file with that file. Easy.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com