[V4MD] LoadDump & error 4

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Oct 25 02:48:20 CDT 2003

on 10/25/03 0:57, Steven Ophalvens at silversoft at skynet.be wrote:

>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> And again I have some loaddump troubles.
>>>
>>> I don't know what my client does, but apparantely, she
>>> manages to crash my input program fairly often, which
>>> oftentimes results in a corrupt DB, that I have to do
>>> an XMLDump/load of.
>>
>> Steven,
>>
>> First of all I want advice you add more Flush() into your code.
>> Then even after crash your db should be safe
>
> Ruslan,
>
> I do a flush() every time the user knowingly saves a record,
> or wants to view an other record and he has changed something
> in the record he was viewing.
>
> I have only 1 method that saves data in tha database, and at
> the end of that method, I always invoke the flush() method.
>
>> Error 4 -- The system cannot open the file.
>
> If that is so, then what file would that be? It seems to load
> the xml file (most part of the content seems to be reproduced
> in the new database), so I guess that won't be the file that
> can not be loaded?

You mean that even files of new db was created?!
Hmm, then strange error

My address sunshine at public.kherson.

> Thank you for any information on this,

Before send me:
- I see you work on Windows.
- please download Valentina Studio
- try dump your db into XML then load back.
    what studio says?

What if take xml file, make small script that just init Valentina and do
load dump? Not works? Then send me this xml file and script.

Don't you use non-english language to name fields and tables?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com