[V4MD] LoadDump & error 4

Steven Ophalvens silversoft at skynet.be
Fri Oct 24 23:57:20 CDT 2003

>> Hello All,
>>
>> And again I have some loaddump troubles.
>>
>> I don't know what my client does, but apparantely, she
>> manages to crash my input program fairly often, which
>> oftentimes results in a corrupt DB, that I have to do
>> an XMLDump/load of.
>
>Steven,
>
>First of all I want advice you add more Flush() into your code.
>Then even after crash your db should be safe

Ruslan,

I do a flush() every time the user knowingly saves a record,
or wants to view an other record and he has changed something
in the record he was viewing.

I have only 1 method that saves data in tha database, and at
the end of that method, I always invoke the flush() method.

>Error 4 -- The system cannot open the file.

If that is so, then what file would that be? It seems to load
the xml file (most part of the content seems to be reproduced
in the new database), so I guess that won't be the file that
can not be loaded?

Any idea's? If you want to, I could send you a zipped version
of the database and/or xml-file and/or the director tool to
do the dumping & loading. If you would like this, to what
adress should I send it?

Thank you for any information on this,

Steven Ophalvens

Silver Soft BVBA