[V4MD] LoadDump & error 4

Steven Ophalvens silversoft at skynet.be
Mon Oct 27 15:12:38 CST 2003

>>> Error 4 -- The system cannot open the file.
>>
>> If that is so, then what file would that be? It seems to load
>> the xml file (most part of the content seems to be reproduced
>> in the new database), so I guess that won't be the file that
>> can not be loaded?
>
>You mean that even files of new db was created?!
>Hmm, then strange error
>
>> Any idea's? If you want to, I could send you a zipped version
>> of the database and/or xml-file and/or the director tool to
>> do the dumping & loading. If you would like this, to what
>> adress should I send it?
>
>My address sunshine at public.kherson.

I just sent you the files in an other mail.

>> Thank you for any information on this,
>
>Before send me:
>- I see you work on Windows.
>- please download Valentina Studio
>- try dump your db into XML then load back.
>    what studio says?
>
>What if take xml file, make small script that just init Valentina and do
>load dump? Not works? Then send me this xml file and script.

I just tried that out, and I get a 'Kernel error : 4'. The same result
as I get using the little tool I wrote. The new database is created,
but from the point where the error seems to occur, no more data is
added to the database.

>Don't you use non-english language to name fields and tables?

I haven't specifically set any language, so my text fields are all
of type ascii.